Days like today are incredibly hard for me. I have to essentially delete all social media or stay away from it for 24ish hours.
No, my mother has not passed.
I have this same sadness on Father’s Day.
My hopes for my future son(s) and/or daughter(s):
- May you always know that you are not alone in this world. May you always have people in your life, whether they be biological or adopted, that show how much they care for you. And if, God forbid, you do not have that, have faith that the universe will take care of you.
- May you laugh at least once a day and if not, may you at least smile.
- May you find many, many passions. This world is so vast and there is so much to it. May you not close your heart to opportunities and new experiences. May you give whatever is in front of you or in your heart the energy of 1,000 suns.
- May you love freely. May I, as your mother, show you daily that loving intensely is to be celebrated. Geek out to your heart’s delight. Never be ashamed of what is in your heart. May I as your mother always support and nurture and encourage and comfort. May I as your mother always be the loudest to cheer and one of many shoulders you utilize if ever you experience heartbreak. May I always clearly show you that love has no deadline and is limitless.
- May you never doubt my love for you.
Days like this are always hard.
Luckily, tomorrow is a new day. A week full of stories and connections. The best distraction.